- Anagram: And Unveil the Mastermind
The team goes after a group of sleeper spies that have just been activated and race to stop a slew of assassination.
Still reeling from David's murder, the team finds a thumbprint in the coded book, which unravels a network of Russian sleeper agents operating in the United States. Following a string of clues from the book, they are able to track and capture a spy. With her back against the wall, the spy confesses that the Russians have been targeting expatriates and political dissenters in the U.S. Their ultimate target is Senator Riewolt, sponsor of a bill to aid the Ukrainian military, who's scheduled to make an appearance at an expo on the Intrepid. The team races to Intrepid, where Jane does battle with the Russian spy who murdered David. After a brutal fight, Jane and Kurt Weller neutralize the threat - for good.
At the end of the stressful day, Zapata signs her letter of resignation, rather than withstand Tom Carter's blackmail. She won't be bugging Jane's safe house. Jane sneaks away from her handlers to wait for Weller outside his apartment. She kisses him, explaining, "I just want one minute where it's just us." But when little Sawyer interrupts, Jane heads off. She's abducted by Carter and his men no more than a block away.
Jane wakes up in a warehouse, underwater - Carter is waterboarding her, demanding to know her identity. Jane mutters, "Orion," putting Carter into a panic. Just when it seems all is lost, the man with the tree tattoo (from Jane's dream) busts in and kills Carter. He calls himself Oscar and shows Jane a video of herself claiming that everything - the tattoos, memory wipe, Kurt Weller - was all her idea. The mission is going as planned.
- Jaimie Alexander as Jane Doe
- Sullivan Stapleton as Special Agent Kurt Weller
- Rob Brown as Special Agent Edgar Reade
- Audrey Esparza as Special Agent Tasha Zapata
- Marianne Jean-Baptiste as Director Bethany Mayfair
- Ashley Johnson as Patterson
- Heidi Germaine Schnappauf as Kate Williams
- Jane remembers about Orion.
- Jane speaks Russian for the first time.
- Jane and Kurt Weller kiss for the first time.
- Jane's tattoo process is shown for the first time.
- Oscar is introduced for the first time.
- Thomas Carter is shot to death by Oscar.
- Way Down We Go by Kaleo - (End of episode. Oscar rescues Jane)
- The episode's title is an anagram of the phrase "And Unveil the Mastermind".
|Blindspot, Season 1|
1.01 Pilot • 1.02 A Stray Howl • 1.03 Eight Slim Grins • 1.04 Bone May Rot • 1.05 Split the Law • 1.06 Cede Your Soul • 1.07 Sent on Tour • 1.08 Persecute Envoys • 1.09 Authentic Flirt • 1.10 Evil Handmade Instrument • 1.11 Cease Forcing Enemy • 1.12 Scientists Hollow Fortune • 1.13 Erase Weary Youth • 1.14 Rules in Defiance • 1.15 Older Cutthroat Canyon • 1.16 Any Wounded Thief • 1.17 Mans Telepathic Loyal Lookouts • 1.18 One Begets Technique • 1.19 In the Comet of Us • 1.20 Swift Hardhearted Stone • 1.21 Of Whose Uneasy Route • 1.22 If Love a Rebel, Death Will Render • 1.23 Why Await Life's End •