- Anagram: The Past Will
The FBI and CIA butt heads after a seemingly straightforward hostage situation turns out to have deeper international implications.
Jane struggles through dinner with Weller's sister, Sarah, feeling pressure to become Taylor Shaw, the girl she can't remember. The stress brings on a childhood flashback: an unseen man leads Jane to a basement filled with many neglected young children and filthy mattresses. Weller struggles to cope as well, and things only get worse when his estranged father, Bill, shows up at his apartment at the end of the episode.
After one of Jane's tattoos leads the FBI to a secret CIA black site, the team learns that a dirty bomb maker named Dodi Khalil is on the loose. Going against the wishes of CIA Deputy Director Carter, the team gains intel that Dodi's terrorist organization is planning to release a deadly isotope in New York City.
Tracking the isotope's radiation, the FBI and CIA find the terrorist group hiding in a graveyard in Queens. After an intense showdown, the threat is neutralized, and the FBI takes Dodi into custody. That's when Carter intervenes; the CIA will be taking Dodi, unless, of course, Mayfair wants to give up Jane. Mayfair sternly refuses, and when Carter presses, she puts her hand on her gun, leading to a tense armed standoff, CIA vs. FBI. Carter stands down, but not for long. That night, he offers to pay off Zapata's gambling debts in exchange for everything she knows about Jane.
- Sullivan Stapleton as Special Agent Kurt Weller
- Jaimie Alexander as Jane Doe
- Rob Brown as Special Agent Edgar Reade
- Audrey Esparza as Special Agent Tasha Zapata
- Ashley Johnson as Patterson
- Ukweli Roach as Robert Borden
- Marianne Jean-Baptiste as Director Bethany Mayfair
- Michael Gaston as Thomas Carter
- Jordana Spiro as Sarah Weller
- Jay O. Sanders as Bill Weller
- Logan Smith as Sawyer
- Ayman Samman as Dodi Khalil
- Deadbeat Hits by Futurebirds - (Jane arrives at Weller's apartment to have dinner with him and his family)
- The episode's title is an anagram of "Will the Past".
|Blindspot, Season 1|
1.01 Pilot • 1.02 A Stray Howl • 1.03 Eight Slim Grins • 1.04 Bone May Rot • 1.05 Split the Law • 1.06 Cede Your Soul • 1.07 Sent on Tour • 1.08 Persecute Envoys • 1.09 Authentic Flirt • 1.10 Evil Handmade Instrument • 1.11 Cease Forcing Enemy • 1.12 Scientists Hollow Fortune • 1.13 Erase Weary Youth • 1.14 Rules in Defiance • 1.15 Older Cutthroat Canyon • 1.16 Any Wounded Thief • 1.17 Mans Telepathic Loyal Lookouts • 1.18 One Begets Technique • 1.19 In the Comet of Us • 1.20 Swift Hardhearted Stone • 1.21 Of Whose Uneasy Route • 1.22 If Love a Rebel, Death Will Render • 1.23 Why Await Life's End •